Are you a Samsung user who doesn’t know how to change your ringtone and is desperately looking for a solution? If you are, don’t worry. You are not the only one who can’t change the ringtone. From over 1.033 billion Samsung users, the majority of them don’t know how to do it.
But I have solutions for all your problems in this area. That’s because I know all the genuine ways you can use to change your ringtone on a Samsung device – you can even set a custom ringtone or a unique ringtone for a specific contact with my step-to-step guide. Just follow my lead.
How to Change Your Ringtone on Samsung:
Changing your ringtone on Samsung devices isn’t rocket science. It’s as much as easy as finding a song on your phone. You just have to navigate the settings on your device to change the ringtone or set a new custom one instead. Here’s how to do it:
Change the Default Ringtone and Set New One
All Samsung smartphones and tablets come with tons of default ringtones, which are great, and you will like them as your new ringtone, I bet. Let’s set a new one for you:
- Go to Your Samsung device’s “Setting” option.
- On there, find “Sound and Vibration” and tap open the new page.
- You will see “Ringtone” – just tap on it.
- A list of ringtones will appear on the new page. You can choose the one you like the most as your ringtone.
- If you have chosen one, tap on the left circle of the ringtone you have chosen.
- Tap on “Back” and then “Save” to make changes.
Set Ringtone for Specific Contacts
Setting different ringtones for different contacts can help you know who’s calling – without you touching the phone. So, let’s set a ringtone for a specific contact on your Samsung phone:
- Open your “Contact” app.
- Navigate and open that specific contact for whom you want to set a different ringtone.
- You will see the “Edit” option – tap on it.
- Then you will see “View more” – tap on it too.
- It will take you to the “Ringtone” page, where all ringtones are listed, and you can choose the one you like. You can choose one ringtone for multiple contacts or one for a specific contact, as you like.
Note: If the contact is saved on your SIM card, you won’t be able to set a custom ringtone for that contact.
How Can I Set a Song as My Ringtone?
You just have to navigate the Ringtone option of your Samsung device from Settings>Sound and Vibration>Ringtone. You must tap on the Add option, which is the “+” sign in the top right corner.
You will be taken to your device’s storage, where you can locate any song and set it as your ringtone. And tap on “Done.”
How Do I Download Ringtones to My Samsung?
You can use third-party websites where you will find thousands of ringtones for your Samsung device free of charge. Just visit any third-party website that offers ringtones for Samsung phones. You can search on Google to find sites.
But let me tell you one thing Samsung smartphones and tablets only support MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC formats for custom ringtones.
How Do I Add Custom Ringtones to My Android?
If you are like me and don’t like and use default ringtones, you should try setting your custom ringtone, which could be a song that you like the most. Don’t know how to do that? Follow my lead:
- Go to Settings>Sound and Vibration>Ringtone.
- On the “Ringtone” page, you will see (+), which is the “Add” option – tap on that. (Note: you have to tap Allow if that’s your first time or you haven’t changed your ringtone for quite a long)
- When you tap on the Add option, it will take you to your Samsung or Android device’s storage, where the songs or audio files are stored, generally in the “Audio Files” in the “My File” section. Select a song or audio file from there.
- If you want to play the song from the beginning, turn off the “Play selected highlights only” option. But if you want specific sections to play, you should turn that option on.
- Tap on “Done” when you are finished.
How Do I Make a Song on Spotify My Ringtone on Samsung?
You can’t set a Spotify song as your ringtone on your Samsung device directly. That’s because the song or the audio file must be stored on your Samsung device if you want to save it as your ringtone.
So, you must first download the song you like to set your ringtone from Spotify. But here’s another catch for you. Not everyone can download songs from Spotify. You can download any song you like from a premium account. On the other hand, if you are using a free account, you can’t download anything from Spotify – except podcasts.
Get your premium subscription on Spotify, and download the song. Then go to Setting>Sound and Vibration>Ringtone. On the “Ringtone” option, tap “+” to add songs from your storage. You need to choose the song you downloaded and set it as a ringtone. Then tap on “Done.”
Conclusion: Samsung devices already have tons of ringtones that you like. But they also allow users to set their custom ringtones, which is great. The steps are super-easy, and I hope you do not know how to change the ringtone on your Samsung device. However, if you can’t change it, leave a comment.