Whether you use an Android or an IOS device, you may need to delete your Gmail account from your phone. However, as there are just a few steps you’ll need to take to delete a google account on your phone, many people don’t know how to do it. For them, I give an easy step-by-step guide on How to Delete a Google Account on your phone.
How to Delete a Google Account on your Phone:
On Android devices, deleting Gmail accounts is very easy. For it, you don’t need to reset your device. Instead, you can do it only using Gmail and the Settings app. This post gives a step-by-step guide on how to delete a Google Account on your phone.
Using Gmail app
- First, open the Gmail app, scroll down and enter Settings
- In Settings, tap the three dots in the upper right corner, and select Manage Accounts.
- Select the account you want to remove
- Click remove the account.
- Then a confirmation message will come with a deletion link. Tap to Remove or Ok if you wish to delete the account
- Then the account will remove from your device automatically.
Using settings app
- First, open the settings app, scroll down until you see accounts, and tap on it.
- After that, select the account you need to remove.
- Then a confirmation message will pop up, removing all data related to the account from the device.
- The account will remove from your device.
How do I remove a Gmail account from a computer?
By following these steps, you can remove your Gmail account from your computer-
- First, go to “Google Account Settings.“
- Select “Data and Personalization.”
- On this page, scroll down until you get the “Delete option.”
- Select “Delete a service or your account.”
- Then go to the next page and then click “Delete a service.”
- Google will tell you to sign in to your Gmail account before proceeding. Enter your details and click “enter.”
- After going to the next page, choose the service you want to delete. Click on the trashcan icon next to delete your Gmail account.
- Then enter an email address different from the one you want to close.
- Click “send verification Email.“
- Then you get a “Gmail Deletion Confirmation” mail with a deletion link.
- Click on the deletion link from that message.
- For deleting your Gmail account permanently choose “Yes” to confirm Gmail Deletion.
- Click “Delete Gmail.“
- Click “Done” to finish the process.
How to Turn off Gmail Notifications on Android?
- First, you need to open the Google app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap on the Menu key (three horizontal lines).
- Scroll to Settings
- Then select the Gmail account that you want to disable notifications.
- Here deselect the “Notifications” check box.
What happens when you remove your primary Google account?
If you remove your primary google account from your device, you might not be able to recover it. You can’t sign in to the google play store, google play games. Your drive, google calendar, etc. won’t work. If you save your contacts in your google account, you will lose all of them. If you back up your photos with Google Photos, you will lose them. You’ll lose all the access to subscriptions and content you bought with that account on YouTube or Google Play, movies, games, apps, music, and TV shows.
Conclusion: For various purposes, people delete their google accounts on their phones. The reasons vary from person to person. But the main purpose of this article, guide you and let you know How to Delete a Google Account on your phone. If you want to delete or remove your google account from your phone, you can follow our instructions. I hope this blog will help you to do that.