Widget, is this the thing you want to make but don’t know how? Well, don’t worry at all. It’s easy, and I know how you can make many widgets of any app or function. And you can make them through your Android smartphone or tablet within minutes.
However, before making widgets, you must know a few things, like widgets are shortcuts to certain apps or minimal apps that you can recall. When making a widget, you are just putting the app shortcut on your home screen with a few customizations to make using the app easier. So, let’s not waste more time and create cool widgets for you.
How to Make Widgets on Android:
As I said, a widget is a minimal version of any particular app that shows certain info that you used to look at on that particular app. For example, calendar, clock, stopwatch, search bar, etc.
Now, almost all smartphones and tablets come with widgets you can choose and add from your device – it’s extremely simple, and anyone can do that.
But smartphones and tablets can’t make widgets on every app you want. So, if you want to create your widget for the app you want, you should take help from an external app. And honestly, many apps claim that they do the task, but I only find KWGT Kustom Widget Maker, a third-party app, is a legit app that can help you with this.
Also read: 8 Best Screen Mirroring App for Android to Roku
How to Make a Widget with KWGT Kustom Widget Maker?
- First, you need to get the list of widgets from your device.
- Then you have to locate the KWGT template that you will find below.
- Select a template from the options you have.
- You must drag the template to your home screen on your smartphone or tablet.
- You have to open the KWGT app, and you can do that by tapping on the widget.
- After that, you will be taken to the editing section of the app, where you have to customize the widget the way you like. The app has many layers you have to customize and edit to get your widget.
- Since your widget is an empty space, you need to start by adding a background, colors, and other things.
How to Objects on Your Widget?
- You have to start by tapping on the “+” option located in the app’s top-right corner.
- After tapping on that, you will be taken to a page panel with several options to add to your widget – like texts, images, shapes, and other things. Add everything that you want to have on your widget.
- If you have added everything you want, you should select the position of your widget. And you will find that option at the bottom of the app.
- Done with adding things, so tap on the file icon you will find in the app’s top-left corner.
- Then you must put all the texts you want your widget to show.
- You can use the position section to arrange the texts where you want them to show.
- Find the Touch icon and tap on it.
- It’s time to find the “Launch App” option. You can find that under Kustom Action>Advanced
- A List of apps will appear on your screen. Select apps from that list that you want on your widget.
- You made the connection with your widget and app.
- You are done. Go to your Home Screen and test the widget.
Can You Make Custom Widgets on Android?
The answer is yes. You can make your custom widget on your Android device. The process is not that hard, either.
- You just have to long press on the space of your Home screen.
- A Menu bar will appear where you will see Widget.
- You have to tap on the Widget>New>App widget.
- Add the apps you like to make a widget.
- If required, give configuration implement of the app for ease.
How Do I Make My Own Widget?
Well, it’s a very easy task. You can make your widget from your smartphone. How to do that? Well, your phone already has lots of options – you can either choose them or customize them, or you can make new ones. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Long press on your phone’s Home screen.
- A menu will appear where you will see the Widget option. Tap on that.
- A list of widgets will appear on your career that you can choose.
- If you don’t like it, you can customize those you like.
- At the same time, you can also make widgets through the apps you like.
- When done choosing the app, you must drag that to your Home screen.
How Do You Get Cool Widgets on Android?
You just have to make one or add one from the phone and customize it. I have already mentioned several ways that you can use to make cool widgets. Let’s take a look at another method:
- First, you need to add the Search Widget on your device’s home screen.
- Then you have to open the Google app.
- You will now see your profile picture on the Google app at the top right corner. You have to tap on that. Then Settings>Search Widget>Customize Widget.
- Then you have to customize the color, logo, shape, and other things of your widget by tapping on the icon.
- When finished, just tap on “Done.”
How Do I Make My Apps Widget?
You know what? Making an app widget means just creating a shortcut for the app on the home screen. And you can do that with these steps.
- Find a space on your home screen where you want to create the app shortcut.
- Tap on the app for a few moments.
- Drag the app onto that space.
- And put the app in that place.
- You have created a shortcut or widget of the app.
Conclusion: A widget is an efficient way to use an app or other functions of your device. You won’t have to open an app if you have a widget on your screen like a clock or calendar.
And it’s extremely easy to make widgets from your phone. I hope the methods I have mentioned will be a big help, and you can make any widgets you want.