Do you want to use the same device for work and personal purposes? Yes, you can do it securely and privately without any issues. Setting up a work profile on your Android device can help you to separate your work apps and data from your personal apps and data. In addition, it will keep your private notifications/apps silent and separate. In this post, I will let you know How to Set up Work Profile on Android device.
How to Set up Work Profile on Android:
You can set a Work Profile to separate your work apps and data from your personal apps and data. There are several different ways to set up a work profile on your android device.
Using Create New User Profile Account (OEM Specific)
Many Android OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) permit you to create multiple profile accounts on your phones. In this case, you can manage everything separately. You can also operate all the installed apps, lock screens, separate partitioned storage, notification settings, and much more individually.
- First, open Settings > System > Multiple Users. If you can’t find this option on your phone, go to the setting app and search “Users” on it.
- Then select Add User and click OK to create a new user account.
- Give the account a name and profile photo, and select OK.
- Now scroll down to reveal the Quick Settings panel and click on the profile icon. Select the new profile you have just created for work.
- After finishing the setup procedure, install the apps, lock the screen, change your settings, and configure them to suit your work life.
- You can now use your new work profile and your profile separately. But you can’t access your work apps or notifications while using your profile.
Also read: How to Log Out Google Account from Mobile or Android Devices?
Using Android Enterprise Demo Option
You can create a work profile using Android Enterprise. But there is a condition as well. For this, your company must provide you with an activation code. After that, you can use it. It helps Companies moderate their employee’s work profiles. Create a work profile using the Android Enterprise Demo Option-
- Go to the Android Enterprise Demo site and scroll down. Then click on the Work Profile option and tap on the link under the Begin setup heading to open. It will instantly open the Work profile setup page. Then tap on Next to Continue.
- You have to give the code you get from your office. Then it will directly continue after using the demo. Tap on Accept and Continue.
- Then, it will install the work profile on your device. After that, tap Next.
- After a few minutes, you can finish the installation of your work profile. Then you can find default Google work apps. Then open Settings to configure the work profile ringtone, sound, lock, etc.
Using OEM Features Like Work-Life Balance
You can take advantage of some OEM features like Work-Life balance to get some work profile features.
- Open Settings and search for Work-Life balance.
- Now open it. Tap on the Get Started button to set work and life modes.
- You can activate work mode manually from the Quick Settings panel. You can also schedule to switch the phone to a work mode profile at a set time. Select your office Wi-Fi to turn on to choose a specific location to trigger the work account when you are in the area.
- Once done, select the apps you need to install.
- You can also use Life Mode and do the same thing with the apps you want to use in your free time.
Using Third-Party Apps
If you don’t use the Android Enterprise Demo version, you can use the Shelter or Island app to set up a similar Android work profile account. If you don’t work in any company, you can use it.
- Download the Shelter or Island app from the Play Store.
- Then continue the setup process. For this, tap on Accept and then tap on Accept & continue.
- Once done, you can access the work apps from the launcher and can change settings like screen lock, ringtone, notification and sound settings, and so on in the System Settings.
You can also read: What is Ample App? Need to know How to Remove it
Using Morph Productivity Launcher
You can create multiple profiles using Morph Productivity Launcher and set a trigger to activate them. Then, for each profile, you can choose apps manually.
- Open the Morph app on APK Mirror. Then download the APK. Then install it
- After opening, you give a name to your mode and select the apps you want in that profile. Then tap on Continue.
- You need to set a time or location trigger to activate your work profile.
- Now, select Morph set it as the default launcher, and tap on the Always option.
- Directly at the selected location or time, the launcher will change its layout and display for selected apps only.
Conclusion: I have tried to give you all the information in this blog. I hope you can easily set up your work profile by following these procedures. If you have any questions about this topic, you can comment below.